View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Are relationships and marriage all the rage?

I've recently come to another crossroads in my life where I have decided I am no longer going to be the guy who goes out and picks up women. I want to be the guy who finds the right girl and try and start a relationship. I have said this sort of thing before but now I am more serious than ever after my actions the other night.

What actions you ask? Well I was recently involved with an older woman and she happened to be married and it was more of a booty call thing and finally I just said I couldnt do it anymore. Its not right and I am gaining nothing from this. I told her that she needed to figure out what she wanted because obviously something is missing at home and I am not going to be there like I was before and I needed to do my own thing.

My problem with relationships stims on how when I was in college and I got engaged and I left her after she cheated on me after we had be together for 3 years. Ever since I have had no faith in women or trust for that matter. I cant seem to get by this and I know its something I have to get over to move on and start this next chapter. Another problem I have is that I am way too picky when it comes to the girls I choose and I tell everyone that tells me that, that yeah I am gonna be that way because I am not going to settle. The last part that seems to bother me is when you start talking to someone or even seeing them on a regualr basis and they say stuff like I miss you or something like that it kinda freaks me out and I dont really believe them when they tell me that.

I guess my real question to the lounge is: What and why do you think people think so highly of having a relationship and is marriage really worth it?

Thanks for taking the time to let me vent a little bit and reading this and for any advice you may have to offer.

X