View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 11:52 AM

Default Re: PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you will be able to view your old data in PT3

-AP10

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the key point that I didn't understand from your previous posts.

That resolves my concern.

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

What about if PT3 could import all your existing hands overnight while you sleep?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it would do this by extracting them from the existing PT2 hhdb's this would be super!

Doing it from histories exported from PT2 would be acceptable, although I'm not sure how fast PT2 can do the exports, as I've never exported a large number of hands. Doing it from archived copies of the original HH files creates possible problems in reconciling any missing/error hands in the originals that were not resolved and saved with the originals.

[/ QUOTE ]

The plan is to have the conversion between PT2 and PT3 be as painless and simple as possible. Basically, you launch PT3 for the first time, it searches for PT2 databases, asks you if you want to convert them, then goes to town. You let it run for a few hours (if you have large databases), then come back to a complete PT3 database.

The only downfall is if you have observed hands without the hand histories, these won't be accessible to PT3. PT2 simply does not store enough information to reproduce the data PT3 will need.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like to keep the HH when I datamine, but I can see that I will have to keep them for the next few months so that I have a decent DB for PT3. PT at the moment only allows you to import observed hands and then dump the HH at the time of loading through Auto Import- when importing from a folder of hands using "import HH's" there is no option not to keep the HH if it is observed- are we going to be able to get rid of the observed HH's that we accumulate over the next few months after retrieving the stats during the conversion process? I don't see how under the current system- don't really want to have to keep the observed HH's I accumulate between now and the release- that seems less appetising than having to start from scratch with my computer size. You need a feature that purges stored observed HH's but keeps all statistical information if that's what the user wants during the switch.