View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 11:03 AM

Default Re: Foxwoods Angle Shooter Goes Ballistic

This is just one of the worst conventions - being able to show cards heads up in live action before showdown. It invariably invites comments/advice/reaction from other players whether explicity asked for or not.

I was recently in a sizeable pot, PLO, I've hit a big hand on the flop. Three players still in, I come out betting into them. Player 3 folds out of turn. Player two thinks a while then lays his hand down face up, showing a better made hand with weaker draws than mine. He's favorite against me. The player who folded out of turn now thinks he's folding too and makes a comment to the effect of how stupid it is to fold such a monster. The rest of the table discusses this while the card shower is still thinking what to do.

A minute or two later, he declares ALL IN. (I later decided that it was at this point I should have probably called the floor for a decision). I call and get beat.

There are a number of questions regarding this, the fold out of turn adding another complication since the question arises whether it was really HU when the player exposed his cards.