View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 09:41 AM

Default Re: Hand values in online games

Playing against more skilled opponents is more difficult not easier, they bet more aggresively, push you around more, keep you off balance more,they will check to induce you to bluff, they will make less mistakes.
Of course playing against poor opponents can be high variance but its higher ev.
But your statement does show a lack of understanding where your profits come from. For instance last month I had a stretch at 200nl (1-2blinds) of 20000 hands where I was breakeven (included a 2400 down swing and some crappy play), but by the time the month finished I was up $9000 at 200nl, +$2700 at 400nl and +$2500 for rakeback.

and I have played probably a bit more than 1.5 million online hands, so i don't lie to myself when i don't win, I admit that when I start to run bad my game can go backward and that I start to make minus ev choices, but I always try to work through it and come out stronger.

This game rewards correct choices

you don't lose when people suck out, you lose when you choose the wrong calls, the wrong bluffs, the wrong checks, the wrong raises, but when people suck out and you got your money in good you win.

good luck at the tables [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]