View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 05:13 AM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: August PT 2**

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys, so here’s an update on my implementation of the “Gelford Style UBERNIT” at UB 10NL.

So far so good. I logged about 4k hands on Friday (starting just after midnight and running through the day). My basic preflop line was 22+, AQo+ and I toned down my postlop play a bit (limiting my cbets, which I think have been a huge leak for me at 10NL). Over the 4k hands I was at ~9.4 PT BB/100 and netted 7.5 Buyins.

While this is a small sample I feel especially good about the results as I did not run insanely well…I wound up dropping 3 BI’s to maniacs (one I was a small favorite and he caught me, one I was getting odds to call for my draw due to dead money in the pot and I couldn’t connect, and one he rivered his 3 outer). I got 1 BI back, but the maniacs left their respective tables before I could get any more out of them.

I then followed that up with a 400 hand session this afternoon in which I pulled down 2.5 BI’s. During this session I ran really well and got action from a lot of mid and short stacks (unfortunately the big stacks stayed away).

So all in all I am currently running just over 11 PT BB/100 for the last 4,400 hands.

Wooster is correct in his previous assessment that the Ubernit helps keep you away from very tough decisions that are small +EV at best and large –EV at worst.

In addition, playing at about a 16/12 clip allowed me to spend time monitoring pot sizes and flop seen %’s at all of the 10NL tables on UB. My typical MO is to pick four tables at the start of the session and ride them until I log. On Friday Night/Saturday AM, since I was constantly checking the table listing, I jumped around and played 18 different PT sessions (so 18 tables in theory) over the course of 5 hours. I was able to go to these high action table, spot the fish/maniac that was making it happen and do my best to extract value from them.

I’ll post some hands later where I kind of scratched my head. Some I won, some I lost, some I folded.

Also, I’ll post another update here when I get to play again.

Thanks for the help everyone has provided so far, with a special shout out to Gelford for the l33tness of the Nit.

Oh, and if anyone plays 10NL on UB let me know – I will PM you the name of a complete donkey who over 3 separate sessions (each a few days apart) has racked up ~-125 PT BB/100 over about 400 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to see that its catching on (though I am not sure if Gelford is proud or shocked) - only logged 1600 hands so far, but it seems to be working out quite well and hope to do another 1k or so today - viva the UBERNIT.