View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 02:15 AM

Default Re: Any other girls playing online poker?

[ QUOTE ]
Girls cant do math so they dont play poker. They cook and clean house.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, since poker playing requires math ability and intelligence, males will, on the whole, always fare better than females.

Males are not smarter than females on average. However, female IQs are clustered more closely near the mean than males are.

What this means is that is that while more males than females are going to qualify for MENSA, it is also true that more males than females will be severely mentally retarded.

Most of the top chess players, poker players, mathematicians, and physicists will always be men. (All chess players have ratings, check out the list sometime.)

I find it especially interesting that perhaps the best female player, Jennifer Harmon, states that "I'm not a math person. I go by feel." But yet, she is a great player. I guess that could generate an entire discussion in itself.

This may even extend to other fields. For example, the vast majority of flute players are female, at least in the United States, but many of the top players (touring soloists or major orchestral players) are male.

This will probably be my last post before I'm buried under a cement floor in a building owned by NOW. It's been fun.