View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 11:45 PM

Default Re: The question is - \'When to quit\' ?

[ QUOTE ]

You quit whenever you thing about quiting for what ever reason. If you are not 100% sure that you need to be in this game at this time then you are losing an edge. Although it still may be +ev to stay. You don't know for sure until after you lose and say I should of left.

I find more people say if I would of only left at "X" time I would not of lost for the day. Than the ones that say if I would of kept playing I would of been up more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah and those players are recreational players, gamblers. And obviously nobody can say they would have won more if they kept playing, is that some kind of joke or are you really that dense? Besides, those big winners (CTS is a perfect example) don't quit because they're up a few buyins, and yes sometimes they lose those buyins back and the some, but often times they keep winning and making progress.

[ QUOTE ]
To be a winning player you have to quit at some point when you are winning. Quit when you are losing and not when you are winning does not make sense to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a fallacious argument, obviously anybody is going to have to quit at some point regardless if they are winning or losing. Secondly, people naturally play better when winning than losing. When you're down you lose confidence in your reads and your play degrades. When you're winning, it's the opposite. So it should be really obvious why it makes sense to cut sessions short when losing (not true for everybody) and to keep playing when winning (true for anybody).

Also, if people quit every time they didn't feel 100% like playing you'd have a whole lot of people who don't put any hands in.