View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 10:12 PM

Default Re: bay101 roll call

[ QUOTE ]
Supposedly the 20/40 games are infested with 2p2ers but you'd never guess it from playing there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agree. I feel like I make money in almost any lineup at 20.
[ QUOTE ]
some guy always playing 40/80. Looks to be around 25-30. he has a pony tail, glasses, wears a bellagio baseball cap, usually dressed up in a black suit. (lol vague description right...)

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds like Karma/Tony...don't think he's a 2+2 regular, but he's RGP/BARGE. I think he's pretty good, but he plays very differently than I expect. Used to be a prop.
[ QUOTE ]
Other guy often in the 20, some asian kid with a shaved head.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd believe it, don't know for sure though.
[ QUOTE ]
Finally, asian kid with a pony tail. Always dressed like a bum in a tshirt and cargo shorts.

[/ QUOTE ]
Awesome. I think I should be proud.

I see CDC (ask to see his chip carrying case!) and Sucker and Elena around pretty often as well. Not sure who ProfessorBen, Captain R, geormiet, Analyst, vmacosta, or Fianchetto are, although it seems fairly likely that we would recognize each other. I think I know who haakee is, but I'm not terribly sure.

Oh, and I think Rob(?) is a very occasional lurker - middle aged white guy, short curly hair, glasses - I think his name is EasyGoer, he posted a tournament hand during Shooting Stars this year.

I'm likely to be around on Sunday if anyone wants to introduce themselves.

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know if Justin, red headed guy, mid 20's, no taller than 5'8'', works in Venture Capital, plays as high as the 1/2 game, reasonably solid player is 2p2? He's the only guy I've met in my 100+ playing hours.

[/ QUOTE ]
I doubt it. If he's playing 1/2, he's taking a shot. I think he's a small winning player in the 40.
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, GC is rumored to be starting a 60/120 soon for people who can't handle the jump between 40/80 and 100/200 =).

[/ QUOTE ]
Whoa, that ought to be interesting. I'm kind of surprised the 40's lasted as long as it has - the few times I've been there it seemed like the bad regulars were getting bled dry pretty quickly. I don't go to GC often because I think it's got stupid rules and Roger the floorman's a jerk, but I'd go if they got 60 going regularly with GC regulars.
[ QUOTE ]
My wife and I play about once a week or so. I usually play the 40 or the 1/2, and she usually plays the 20 or the 40.

[/ QUOTE ] T (dark hair, mustache) and J (medium length dark hair, glasses)?