Thread: u.s. players
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 07:37 PM

Default Re: u.s. players

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I feel quite certain you don't know what your [sic] talking about. Online gambling is not a major concern of either party. If you think this is a party-issue... you are simple wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sarcasm. Of course that's my point: Congress changed hands, and not a damn thing has happened on this issue. Barney Frank proposed a repeal, but I don't think it's seen the light of day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not changing has not been all bad. Goodlathe(R) wanted to make things even worse. If Republicans were still in charge, we would be talking about how to kill his bill, rather than talking about passing Frank's bill. Since the UIGEA passed there have been 3 bills proposed that are good for poker. All 3 have been submitted by Dems and almost all the co-sponsors have been Dems. I'll take that any day over anything proposed by Republicans.

True, neither party is great for us, but Republicans delight in the idea of shutting us down. Dems delight in other things, some of them just as stupid maybe, but as the online poker world goes, we are better off with Dems than Republicans.