View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 07:00 PM

Default Ruling question, never seen this before

Fwiw, we chopped the pot. Obv if one of us has a set here someone might not want to chop, but since we both probably had gutshots we were fine with chopping.

Correct ruling would be appreciated as one wasn't made when it was apparent it would slow the game down and multiple floors might have to be called over.

I'm in the BB with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO opens for $20, button calls, SB folds, I call. (2-5 NL, $3000 stacks)

Flop

10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

checks to the CO who bets $30, folds back to me and I call. I am in the one seat. It was an obvious call, I threw the chips towards the pot and had my hand protected the entire time, but somehow the dealer must have thought I threw my cards in and not my chips, and he totally killed the deck. He did a bridge with the deck and then scrambled the muck into the deck in one motion, and I exclamied "i called!" as he was scrambling the deck. It happened very fast.

What's the correct ruling when the integrity of the deck has been totally compromised? Will the floor ever rule that we have to chop the pot in some rooms?

-Tex