View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 11:52 AM

Default Re: Sit \'n Go Strategy study group -- Part I: Low Blind Play

Ok I tried to work through some calculations and would appreciate any comments. I worked through example 1-4 with 2 different scenarios.

1. MP-1 pushes and it is folded to you in the SB.
2. Same Scenario in the book example. Except when you push you know that MP-1 has JJ and will call.

In scenario one

· Fold – your equity if you fold is .107 assuming a chip stack of t1910 after small blind taken out.
· Call and Win – assume that you know MP-1 has JJ. So the percentage to win is .44 and to lose is .56 assuming no split pots. So that should be .56(0) + .44(.200) = .088. This is below your equity of .107 if you fold, so this appears to be a clear fold if you know MP-1 has JJ.
· Call and lose – .0 equity

In Scenario two

· Fold – your equity is .107 assuming a chip stack of t1910 after small blind is taken out and assuming that MP-1 will bet the Flop and everyone folds.
· Call and Win - assume that you know MP-1 has JJ. So the percentage to win is .44 and to lose is .56 assuming no split pots. So that should be .56(0) + .44(.217) = .096. This is below your equity of .107, so this appears to be a fold if you know MP-1 has JJ. I know I am not factoring in that he may fold, so there must be some fold equity to make this the right play. But if we know that MP-1 has JJ and will call it appears to be a fold.
· Call and Fold – .0 equity