View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 10:31 AM

Default Re: All My Money Are Belong to Me (NC Thread)

[ QUOTE ]
Bellagio 15/30

Some woman openlimps in MP and the button raises. I 3-bet AA, the woman calls, and the guy 4-bets me. There's a 5-bet cap, so I take advantage of it and fire another one. The woman calls and the guy calls.

The flop is Kxx with a spade flush draw, I have the ace of spades, and the K is not a spade. I bet, the woman folds, the guy raises, and I take a moment to think about the situation. I've 3-bet him other times and most of the time he hasn't given me much trouble. There was that one time I 3-bet him with TT when he had KK and flopped a set on him, but even though he had an overpair to the board, he didn't give much action (bet-call, check-call, check-call).

So after my moment of thought, I realized that the most likely holding for him was KK, followed closely by AK, and I was probably screwed. Of course, being totally unable to fold an overpair in a monster pot, I elect to just call down and pray for an overplayed AK. The turn is a something, I check, he bets, and I call. The river is a spade, I check, he bets, and I call. He says "flush". I have a WTF moment as I look at the board and try to reconstruct the hand. He turns over KT spades and scoops the pot.

Oh well...

[/ QUOTE ]

nice hand. by both players. I hope you vary your play against this guy, for the ever popular meta game.