View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 08:35 AM

Default Re: Book Announcements

"planeed" eheh

I am disappointed mason that there is a "Tournament Poker for Advanced Players: Expanded Edition"
with over an hundred pages coming forth instead of a true sequal.
I have the tourament poker last edition before this one and don't know why I would, or should invest in this one as harrington on hold them volume 1 and 2 was tourment based,
and I have the full tilt poker tourament edition, and even the tourment formula by arnold snyder.

edited to add,

I forgot to mention I also have kill phil, and was laying down thinking of my post and it occured to me that I wouldn't mind seeing a tourament true sequel that addressed what david thought about the tourment formula (why not arnold has a sequal listed on amazon and I am thinking that perhaps he will address some of the criticisms of his first book in the sequal), kill phil applications of his system he devised in the orginal tourament poker for advanced players book. perhaps a true sequal could be called tourment poker, theory and pratice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

couldn't the tourament poker for advanced players be pushed back a year and have david write an additional 150 to 200 pages. and release it as a seperate book.. tourament poker for advanced players the next generation, or the sequal, or simply volume two?.

what is next , hold them for advanced players, the expanded edition? and then the 7 card stud book for advanced players the expanded edition ?(I hope not for I just ordered the stud poker book advanced players as well as professional no limit volume one and the sit and go book)

It seems that is fewer books then I would like to see, couldn't one on omaha, (pot limit omaha for advanced players ) be fitte in somewhere?

I am pleased that the harington cash games books are pushed back to feb, as I wouldn't of been able to get a copy up here in canada if you had made the december 15 publishing date.

I am curious if you are going to ask dan to read pro volume 1 book, and possibly wait til the second book to come out and ask him to read that too to further flesh out his ideas. It just seems more logical to me to have the books although written seperately of course to be able to reference each other for specific concept example.
do you know if dan has read the no limit theory and pratice book so he support or refute the concepts in his cash game books?.