View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 12:06 AM

Default I onjly played today because it was saturday. A light 4-bet

Didn't get much sleep and am pissed off about general stuff, it was a bad idea to sit down today. Played a pretty spewy session.

Curious about thoughts on this hand. Villain is a relative unknown, about 100 hands, with stats that suggest he knows what he's doing. 20/15ish. He has raised a couple of c-bets and things like that, looks solid. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a reg who's recently changed his name, but there's no way to know that obv.

The player between us is loose and fishy, 35/15 or thereabouts. I'm not really worried about him having a hand, maybe he'll call with AQ or TT or something like that, but I think he would've let us know about a monster earlier and won't get involved with the two of us with marginal hands often. This is a stat based read more than anything, but it's also just the vibe I got from this guy.

Anyway, villain and I are on 3 of the same tables and he's 3-bet me 3 times, once on each table, within the space of 5 minutes. I've been playing pretty snug, but if he's played me before under a different name or has stats on me he'd know I'm pretty laggy.

The hand:

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $415.20
BB: $200.00
UTG: $252.10
Hero (MP): $199.00
CO: $710.26
BTN: $501.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8.00</font>, CO calls $8.00, 2 folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $33.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $100.00</font>

Obviously I'm calling a shove. I don't like shoving pre in these spots because I don't generally do that with AA.