View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 07:10 PM

Default Re: STTF SNG->cash thread

If I have air air, like no gutshot or anything, I'm folding the vast majority of the time. There are some players who I recognize will almost always bet at weakness and I'll raise them here with air like 20% or so. Even with a gutshot, I'm folding more often than not.

It's a pretty rare play for me, but sometimes with air I will be raising turn and potting the river if he checks. I'm pretty careful to make the note "he can make a big call" on people if I see something and will obviously not start down this road vs. those people.

Like I said I generally bet flop, but once I start slowplaying a hand and someone takes the lead, I'll generally let them have it until the river. In order to take it back, I'd have to think either there were a ton of horrible cards for me. If he's going to stack off, he may be stacking off on the river anyway.

Actually, in practice, I do take the lead back a fair amount with strong hands, but I think it is often a mistake as they fold too much when I do it.

It is good to slowplay hands sometimes, especially against regulars. I have one regular opponent (I think) believing that I slowplay whenever I hit hard and it's currently giving me a lot of opportunities to bluff the turn and to get more value from strong hands by playing fast. These things go back and forth.