View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 06:53 PM

Default Re: 10-25 live, flop trips, face 3 bet push

[ QUOTE ]
post-oak, i expect more from you

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

After writing the post, while in the process of proof reading it, I thought of just deleting it. I mean, I couldn't really see many people making the case for a fold.

I am sorry if it was just a waste of time, because I guess it is much too insta-callish to generate much discussion.

Results in white: <font color="white">

The thing is, this hand really had me confused.

I actually thought for about 45-60 seconds before calling. The reason I had to think is because I was trying to put him on a hand he would play like this, and I kept coming back to 77 or A3s.

I considered that there was a small possibility that he was just playing AA really horribly. I also thought it was possible he was semi-bluffing with a hand like 5d 6d, or an ace high flush draw.

I was getting almost 2 to 1, so I had to call given these assumptions, but I really did expect him to show 77 or A3 over half of the time.

He showed Ah Ks and was drawing dead when a brick hit the turn.

This hand reminded me that I have this problem where I am not good at understanding how some other players think. My way of thinking seems to be very left-brained dominant, and I guess that is why I come to some bad conclusions when I consider "what does he think I have, what range does he think I put him on, and why is he playing his hand like this?".

In this case, he said he thought I had an overpair and he was trying to semi-bluff me off of it (he thought he had a lot of fold equity because he was figuring I had something like JJ).

He said he made a bad play, but he would have been fine with it if he had diamonds.

Anyway, this hand really confused me becsause I tried to put him on a range of hands and failed miserably. I know what you guys are gonna say, but this guy was not a fish, although he did play this hand very poorly.

I was assuming, Sklansky style, that this guy would be putting me on a big hand and would need a monster to play a $14K+ pot with me in this particular spot. My line exuded strength, so his line made it seem to me like he had a monster.

UTG said he check folded KK, and I believe him.
</font>