View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 06:48 PM

Default Re: 5/10 turn semibluff vs good regular

I never said villain will snap call any ace here, I'm saying a good villain will be able to make this kind of call with AK/AJ if they put you on the kind of hand you have. Just because you don't think he should be calling you with AK here doesn't mean that he won't, regardless if you play AQ/A5 the same way. I see GP doing that in his CR vids all the time, making some bluff/semi-bluff and then when he gets called he says stuff like "well I'd play two pair or a straight the same way" to justify his play being good. Villain knows that this is such an obvious card to second barrell, and he knows you know that of course, so when he fires the turn and you shove for an overbet like this on a very drawy board it's going to arouse a lot of suspicion. I know that I will double barrell a turned top pair against a lot of aggressive players hoping to get raised or shoved on. This is a bit deeper though which makes me hate it less (I think this would be pretty bad 100bbs deep no question), but I don't know. Just seems like you are going to show up with a draw a lot of the time here given the dynamics of the hand.

But yeah, obviously if he is bet/folding all Ax hands on the turn then your shove is fine. I just think that's wishful thinking, personally.