View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 02:37 PM

Default Re: I hate these spots so much

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Average stack doesn't matter. I think this is probably one of the biggest mistakes new players make. Who cares what everyone has, it's what you have compared to the blinds that matters.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how you can say that average stack doesn't matter. If everyone else is sitting on 10-20k you should be far less inclined to clash with the only other 100k+ stack than if stacks are fairly even.

emb

[/ QUOTE ]

If something is +EV, then it's +ev, it doesn't matter against who. I like playing against big stacks because 1. they tend to be spewy/overaggressive and 2. they give you the best implied odds. Try to stack them with a set.

If the only 100k stack at the table plays back at you PF when you have JJ+, I'm gonna try to get my money in just like anyone else.

Maybe if you specify what the table average stack is, that might kinda sorta matter, but DEF not the tourney average stack.

edit: What I'm basically trying to say is yes, don't steal wildly from big stacks sure. But that has little to do with the average stack at the table. Also, average is a bad number to look at, if anything you should be looking at median stack. Average is always gonna be skewed by the big and small stacks.

Again, unless this is an unusualy deep stacked tournament, average doesn't matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, average stack is kinduv a bad indicator that A LOT OF players get too close to.

But, I'm lost. So, are you still trying to justify your play here, Dave? A2o - you're calling 20% of your stack to see a flop. If you miss, you're second guessing yourself the entire hand. Are you trying to hit trip 2s here? Do you think you're implied odds can ever justify that? If an A comes out, you're probably OK, but this is either push or fold, and I'm heavily leaning toward fold because you can probably find a a better resteal opportunity than this a few hands down the road.

Barry

Barry