View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 02:26 PM

Default overrepresenting my hand, commitment thresholds

live 1/2, typical table. I'm more interested in theory here, so even though I have pretty good reads, I wont post them.

Most of the table is $300 deep (its analogous to 100bb because PFRs run big). Several limps to me in late position, I make it $15 (standard) with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Button calls, blind calls, two limpers call.

Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], the pot is $80 and far too big for my hand.

EP leads $10, MP calls $10. Button is left to act, and has $500 (I cover). the others have about $300.

WTF do I do here? Pot control can destroy my hand because about every single card in the deck is going to make one of 4 players two pair or a flush or trips or who knows what. Raising gets way too much money in with a weak hand in a multiway pot, with deep enough stacks that I really dont want to put any more money in, which may not be possible.

* I raise smallish, $75 total. I don't feel comfortable doing this because it means I'm representing AA which is stronger than I have. This seems intuitively bad to me but I'm not really sure why it matters here.

what is my turn 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] plan if one person calls (pot $230)? two people call (pot $315? if I don't get a blank I'm obviously folding. a 5 is probably a blank (I'd me willing to put some more money in), a J is not a blank.

* I call the flop $10, and LP calls. What is my turn plan on a 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and it checks to me? If I check and LP bets $80 into $120? if he checks and we see the river 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]?