View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 08:18 AM

Default Re: [50NL] Is he taking me to valuetown?

It is possible that he's taking you to value town, but there are also other possibilities.

For vlaue town he's got to have some kind of suited connector with a 5 or 6 or Ax, Kxs where x = 5 or 6. Or as a long shot possibility he hit his quads.

The other possibilities are that he has some kind of medium/low pair not 55 or 66 and thinks that you're turn bet was just a scare card bluff, Ax, x != 5 or 6 and he thinks it might be best, or just a bluff (even with passive players there is always a percentage chance they are on a bluff *) like a busted flush / straight draw or some high cards.

All in all, you're getting 3:1 on your hand, so unless you think that it's more than 75% likely that he slowplayed you w/ a 6, AK or even AA, or hit his third 5 on the river you're gonna have to call. I think the hand was played fine, I don't mind the check on this flop, and I would definitely call for value.

* note: Harrington often uses a 10% minimum chance that his opponents are bluffing. In cash games this would likely be lower, and your villain hasn't been overly aggro, but it is 6 handed, and he hasn't been overly passive either.