View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 08:05 AM

Default Re: Flopped two pair - line against unknown who reraised pf?

preflop is pretty marginal, even given your odds. with a QJ and out of position, you're usually not going to flop anything that you can run with. i think its OK to make that call, but compared to other hands that you might have opened with, its the worst kind for that situation.

on the flop, i don't think there's any question at all that we will get all of our money in if we can. that board hooks up with a ton of hands other than QQ/JJ, and villain also might have an overpair.

personally, i almost always donk in situations where i want to get all of my money in, whether the boardis dry, whether the opponent is agressive, whatever. i'm just not much of a c/r guy, other than on the turn. i do think that as far as c/r situations go though, that this is a pretty decent one. even when villain has a draw to beat you, he's usually going to bet it here anyway.

as far as "but what if you get raised!?" goes, well, that's a pretty easy one. you have top two, so you get your money in.

edit: i should add that its silly to put a mini3raiser on a range of JJ+/AK kind of range. maybe he was just going to push the minraise button when it was his turn nomatter what. who knows.