View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 05:45 AM

Default Re: What would you do if you didn\'t need money?

[ QUOTE ]
Re: travel: I think that's way overrated as something to do all the time. I've done a fair bit of traveling, but not nearly enough to say that I've seen the world. However, while I used to fantasize about making a world trip someday, now that I can (or could if I was prepared to abandon my g/f) I just can't see myself enjoying it all that much.

I used to get a thrill out of the exotic and unusual, and almost enjoyed being in a different country just for its own sake. Unfortunately, that feeling has disappeared.

I guess that's the reason people call it 'vacation', or even 'sabbatical', but not 'life'. Most people could easily afford to live their whole lives as backpackers, worry-free and doing the minimum to get by. Hell, go learn to play guitar and sit on some busy square. Reality is, 'seeing the world', like anything, gets old.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you on this. I enjoy traveling, and there are certain places I would like to visit somewhat regularly throughout my life, but home is awesome. I'd rather travel 2-3 weeks per years than 2 months a year.