View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 08:04 PM

Default Re: a crash course in prenups

[ QUOTE ]
the thing is, maybe most of the guys that are so vehmently disagreeing with me plan on treating their women like slaves and might feel the need to compensate out of guilt after the fact. I dont. I plan on helping with chores, cooking, etc., no matter what the situation or however many hours I work, I dont think that any woman should have to do 100% of teh "household chores".

[/ QUOTE ]

I call hogwash. The behavior you are describing of "I plan on helping with chores..." is the precise opposite of "what's mine is MINE and keep your cotton-picking hands off of it and cmere so I can dole out your grocery budget for a week". That will spill over into other parts of your marriage as well.

"Well the house is YOUR department. I earned the g.d. money to pay for your fancy house and your fancy car with the fancy antilock brakes so your kids would be safe. BTW, I noticed you put 10 extra miles on the car I bought you this week. Where did you go? Oh, you bought new soccer cleats? I told you I'D buy the new soccer cleats. Where is the receipt for that? That's coming out of your household allowance since you up and bought them without checking with me first. Also, you exceeded your minutes on the phone I bought you. Did you REALLY need to call the nail salon this week? How much of my money did you spend there this month?"

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

<font color="white">No, of course you wouldn't behave that way, but it's the attitude you're taking in the thread. Put down the spreadsheet.</font>