View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 07:55 PM

Default Re: Who are you? Personal / Poker background

I forgot a funny story about how I got into poker. I was playing backgammon on this website Truemoneygames. Then they started offering poker. I started playing the fake money games. I played for about 10 minutes and was like what the f*ck is this. If I play anything, whether it's golf backgammon pool golden tee it's for money. There's not much point otherwise. Got to test your heart. But poker is literally about money.

So I quit the fake money and then played .5/$1, which was the lowest stakes. I lost $1000 very quickly, in like 3 weeks or so. Kept having to deposit money. I didn't understand what the heck was going on. The graphics were not very instructive, so I was like "check?" what does that mean? They just showed it in the chat box. I had no idea what was going on. I didn't even know a flush beat a straight! I'd see a paired board and not know I could lose to a full house.

This was because I had not read the rules yet. So I blew $1000 at .5/1. No kidding. Can't believe it was me. Then I bought a slim yellow book by some big foreheaded dude Sklansky and the rest is history.