View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 06:55 PM

Default Re: TT in 100r Tilt 6X situation

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I did misread the hand, sorry, I thought it was a limp, I dunno why. That's why we use the converter?

I still don't like the idea of putting in 22% of our stack with any possibility of folding later in the hand. You're willing to call a shove too, might as well shove yourself.

I like a call PF actually. BB might call, and that's not horrible. Go from there. We're talking about an UTG raise from a good player, his range is likely ahead of us blah blah.

I would call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave, do you understand how much we change villain's range by reraising and calling a shove instead of just shoving?

Seriously, just because you're going to call a shove doesn't mean you should ship 42 bb's in and polarize his calling range into things that crush you and AK.

You can repop and let him shove with things like 88 and 99 because he thinks he has fold equity and all the cool kids are 4 betting nowadays.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but a shove looks like a steal. Villian will think why the overbet push (even though it's not really) and call with those pairs you mention, figuring he's flipping at worst. I see this a lot at the levels I play at (granted not more than $50 buy in) and have experimented more with overbetting lately. Especially pushing PF when I could have just 3x'd with AA. I get looked up lighter.

I mean I dunno, I think the difference comes out to be marginal, but I hate it when villian calls our raise, and then the flop comes AK3 or AJ2 and we get to fold.

Also, as I said, I like the call line better. So we're talking about non optimal/best lines anyway.