View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 05:35 PM

Default Re: 5/10 NL Seminole trip report

First off, I don't consider myself a great player and have only been playing for about a year. Yes, I'm a winning player (both cash and tourney) and I usually go deep in tourneys.

Just moved to TPA from SoCal and had a chance to play 3 midday tourneys at Derby Lane and a short session of 1/2 NL at Tampa Downs. My impressions so far, whole lotta a donks!!

2/3 Final Tables, + $90
1 hour cash + $320.

Total hourly rate $68.

I just buckled down and played extremely TAG with position and did very, very well. Didn't get fancy or pull any big moves.

The cash game was crazy with almost 1/2 the hands dealt seeing a $15 - $30 PFR and multiple callers with several pots getting upto $400+ at showdown. My biggest surprise was all the level 1 thinking and the total lack of people paying attention to other's table images. I played 2 hands in 4 orbits and still got tons of action from 4 players when I 3 bet an UTG raise from a fairly tight player who was the CL.

I only lost 1 big pot when I had 2 players in front of me all in when I flopped an open ended str8 FD with overcards. Sadly, I didn't hit any of my million outs to take that $500 pot too. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I don't think I've ever seen this kind of action from a midday reg crowd in SoCal.

I was not expecting to be very happy with the laws/structures in FL but the Donks giving up $400 pots make up for it.