View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 12:49 PM

Default Re: How should i play qq in this difficult spot???

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my stats at 100nl are very similar to villains and my 3bet range from the BTN is far wider than JJ+, and i assume that other ppl w/ these stats have fairly wide 3betting ranges.

[/ QUOTE ]
ok yes you have a wider range. not all do and QQ is terrible against the calling range and i don't think the 3-b/fold range is wide enough that it's ok to 4-b

[ QUOTE ]

in this hand i would 4bet to $42 and call a shove.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is marginal at best

i'm laying this down a lot pf fwiw. i'm not a nit, i just don't like this spot at all. it's so hard to play and by flat calling you turn your hand nearly face up (and dont get very good IO). 4-b is not right either imo

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh, this advice sucks.

a decent 23/17's 3bet/fold range here is huge. i play about 21/17 and i would 3bet a CO open from the btn with QJo, 76s, 22 and many other hands fairly often.

folding this hand preflop is just horrible. you are essentially saying that when the CO opens and a person who very likely 3bets a wide range in profitable situations such as this one goes ahead and 3bets, your shoving/calling range is AA-KK?

i guess i should note that i dont play this low so my advice might not apply as maybe people only 3bet with QQ+ and AK or something, but the 23/17's i know 3bet huge ranges from the btn when the CO opens. its an insanely profitable move, even moreso if people are folding the third nuts from the blinds.