View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 12:10 PM

Default Re: NL50: A9s in rr pot OOP. Lets do it by decison by decision

OK, the general consensus would be to bet the flop, which I agree with, I'd rather bet than check call.

Speedlimits, you advocated a c/r on flop. Why? Surely he folds all worse and calls with better. It makes the hand easier to play but is it most +EV?

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $50.59
Hero (BB): $107.99
UTG: $65.05
CO: $50.00
BTN: $34.24

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $2.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.00</font>, CO calls $5.00

Flop: ($14.25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $8.00</font>, CO calls $8.00

Turn: ($30.25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero ???</font>

Betsize on flop OK? He's obviously not folding better aces, and a smaller bet may encourage a float from QQ/JJ who is seeing what I do on turn. I'd make the same bet with AK fwiw.

Is the only real option here check fold? What if he bets small when I check?
Any sort of bet pot commits me, so maybe bet small and hope he shoves QQ/JJ with a dimaond? Or is that just a foolish way to stack off to AK?