View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 11:41 AM

Default DC Happy Hour Prologue (long)

BEAT:
Was in Adams Morgan last night at the bar Saki. My friends were ready to leave as soon as happy hour ended while I was still talking to someone so I told them I would catch up with them on the street.

Almost as soon as I exit Saki, 4 guys on the sidewalk start talking to me. I heard the words "Come over here" and "Where did you get that drink?" and the first thoughts going through my head are "OMFG THE GHEY" so I continue to walk off towards my friends. All of the guys start walking after me and one of them grabs me by the waist. I push him off and he falls to the ground as my shirt tears open. I start sprinting towards my group and calling my friends name as he and his frat brothers turn around. One of my pursuers pulls out a cop badge and tells me that the guy who grabbed me was the bar owner and that I'm not allowed to have alcohol in the street(1/2 full Corona in my hand).

I get furious and one of the "cops" tells me to calm down b/c it was a misunderstanding and there were mutual faults at play. I tell him that he's only telling me to calm down because the assault looks much worse than public possession of an open alcohol container as I point to my shirt. He seems taken aback as another cop tells me to calm down again. I stop for a second this time and tell them that we’ll handle it civilly and that I want the guy’s name so my lawyer can contact him tomorrow. At this point, the barowner apologized and our parties went there separate ways. F THE POPO.