View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 10:19 AM

Default Re: what do christians say about chinese people

[ QUOTE ]
If you read the entire thread you would know that I am an agnostic.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was not and am not trying to debate you directly on anything. I don't really care what you believe in to be honest, it's not my business.

[ QUOTE ]
My previous posts stated simply stated that there are Christians that support what you say

[/ QUOTE ]
What exactly is it that I said? You seem to be jamming an awful lot of thoughts about Christianity into my mouth.

[ QUOTE ]
I am attacking the way people like you seem to paint all Christians with the same brush. You seem to cite the specific passages in Bible to prove a point? What is your point?

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't paint anyone. I expressed my opinion that the Old Testament is absurd rubbish. Brad asked what led us to believe God didn't want the whole world to hear, that was my answer. Do either of you have a refutation? Or are you going to continue dodging because you don't like the words I chose?

[ QUOTE ]
It is in the Bible therefore all Christians believe we should murder everyone? Get real.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pls to be showing me where I said this.

[ QUOTE ]
Francis of Assisi was anti-war who did not believe in forced conversion who drew his inspiration from the Bible. Of course, he does not fit your disturbing view of Christians so I guess he isn't relevant in this conversation. I guess the Christians that influenced classical liberalism and humanism aren't relevent to you eithier.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't have a disturbing view of Christians. Do I think people who take the Bible literally are morons? Yes, I do. But we seem to mostly agree (aside from my choosing the word "moron") on that so, again I have no idea what you are talking about.

[ QUOTE ]
But no, your attack against a relgion is to find specific passages that most of the practitioners no longer follow.

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh? Again, if I am attacking anything, it's how absurd and ridiculous parts of the Old Testament are. That is all. Obviously not everyone takes it literally.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you spend this much time discrediting Muslims and Buddhists?

[/ QUOTE ]
If all my friends were Muslim instead of Christian maybe I would spend more time poking holes in their BS. I am not trying to discredit anyone specifically, religious people do a good job of that without my assistance.

[ QUOTE ]
I highly doubt it, because judging by the harshness of your post I'm not surprised that your parents forced religion on you and this is your way of getting back at them (this is my exprerience with most atheists, after all, your arguments can be applied to all religions, yet you chose a specific one, you obviously have some specific spite towards this religion caused by who knows what)

[/ QUOTE ]
lol. What on earth? Was my post judged as harsh because I used the p-word? Give me a break. And my parents didn't force anything on me, they let me come to my own conclusions, not that it's any of your business. Again, I have no idea what makes you think I am singling out Christianity. You don't have a very big sample size and you seem to be ascribing a great number of ideas and opinions to me that I am not in possession of.