View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 09:44 AM

Default NL50: A9s in rr pot OOP. Lets do it by decison by decision

I'm running bad, and resultingly playing pretty poorly recently, making bad plays left right and centre. Would love some advice here as my bad run is clearly affecting my thinking.

Villain is 26/23/3 over 40ish hands. He's been very active in CO and button - att. to steal is 45%.
Other than that no reads, he's pretty much picked up his pots pre or with c-bets.

I've been tight, have 3-bet him once before from BB and he folded.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $50.59
Hero (BB): $107.99
UTG: $65.05
CO: $50.00
BTN: $34.24

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $2.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.00</font>, CO calls $5.00

I think I'm way ahead of his range pre, so opt to 3 bet. Does anyone prefer to call pre, planning on c/r a lot of flops instead?

Flop: ($14.25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero ???</font>

Hmmm, so I hit, and am likely WA/WB. Betting here may fold out a lot of hands I beat, but if I check and he bets I hate calling and getting to the turn in these spots where I have no idea where I am.
A c/r turns my hand into a bluff obviously, but check/check wouldn't be so bad.

So, who bets and who checks?