View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 05:27 AM

Default 2/5 deepstack - KQs - Weighing NL concepts

Deepstack 2/5 NL @ Wynn

Reads

Game has gotten down to 5 handed from people leaving, he has adjusted his game to this.

Seems tricky and knows what hes doing..

Literally the hand before I raised QQ and he called my PF raise with 23o in the SB HU.
I checked behind a flop of 337, got min c/r on turn, then called a 2/3 pot bet on the river.
So his range PF is likely any two if hes in position...

Ive been very very active recently preflop, and had bluffed him in a small pot a few hands before the QQ hand. I dont think ive ever called a raise at the table, folding to a lot of agression. Seem to be playing scared.

Action

I have KQ of spades UTG with a stack of ~750
He is on the button and has me covered

I raise 20$
He calls

Flop Qh 8s 7d (45$)

I bet 30$, he raises to 75$...

What's my plan and why?
If I re-raise, I can't call a shove right?

NL concept question

Now my instinct was to "re-raise to find out where I stand"

But I started thinking, isn't this the same if I do that with any 2 cards? Because my hand is never showing down, unless I get RE-RE-raised and called.. And then I have invested a huge percentage of my stack and dont like my hand..

Then I started thinking... If I just call.. Because of my weak-tightish postflop play up to this point, once I call, ive revealed a ton of information about my hand..
He'll also be able to bluff scare cards that straighten out the board a lot... Really raping me with his position.. He is the type to do so too.
Also I think im ahead a LOT on the flop, and the pots gotten a decent size..

I can't fold , because im ahead just too often and if I fold a hand this good, he'll certaintly exploit me by raising like any 2 in position with air..

If we just call.. How do we proceed on future streets/betting on different cards?
Id love to hear a solid argument on this...