View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 12:02 AM

Default Re: What\'s my responsibility?

[ QUOTE ]
td, 75% of my limit holdem play im drunk.

[/ QUOTE ]

About 99% of my LHE play these days is at least with a pretty good buzz if not drunk (though I am a reasonably controlled drunk), and I'm glad you came back from the losses early, but I think you're asking for trouble if you don't have the discipline to step away when your roomate, who happens to play well, argues that you're making a mistake by playing drunk in a game you don't regularly play. It's not like you found a dream seat against players you know well in a game you have a high degree of confidence in and are exploiting a huge edge -- you're using your natural skill and accumulated knowledge to play and have fun. I think this is dangerous to one's bankroll; and I'd especially like my roommate to force a break with an offer to hang out and drink / do something entertaining (rather than lecture me as I may be doing here). Though my original advice may have seemed mild (and to some, absurdly aggressive for adults sharing a house / apartment), I might actually be more aggressive and try to physically stop a roommate from doing what you were doing depending on the relationship. I might, like veganmav suggested, prevent play for 12 hours or more and deal with the consequences later.