View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 08:48 PM

Default Re: Beat: Morning Theftaments - Lame MS Paint included

[ QUOTE ]
So all in all my morning could have been 1000x times worse, but i'm still really pissed off because this is something that could have sooo easily been prevented by my roomate.

Do i hold my roomate accountable for this, or myself for leaving my car easily accessed even though it was in the safety of my own garage?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think you should hold him accountable for the contents inside your car because you could have easily prevented that in particular. Although if stuff was stolen from the garage, he would definitely be blamed for that.

I absolutely do not understand why you would leave the windows down and door unlocked, are you that lazy/careless? There is no such thing as "safety of your own home." Bottom line is that if the house can be broken into, nothing is truly safe.

In all honesty op, your post kinda pisses me off because you are making yourself fit into the "rich, white, over-privileged" stereotype that probably undervalues the good things in life as well as taking things for granted. The nonchalant nature of this post about losing something valuable gives off this impression.

I was raised much poorly/strict and would never put any valuables of mine at risk as you had by leaving your car vulnerable to theft, even in your own home. Your dad's stuff too. At LEAST leave those items in the trunk, though I would prefer to take safer measures by bringing it inside the house.

Now, I'm not taking a shot at you personally, but at the idea at how these 3rd/4th generation rich kids are raised and not taught about value. They simply inherit the goods, never needing to actually work hard. Luckbox and bad parenting I suppose.

This turned out too be a bit of a rant but I guess this post just struck a nerve, allowing me to mentally ejaculate.