View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Vick Pleads Guilty

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did you see the NAACP come out supporting Vick on the news today. He hasn't even done a day of time and they are already helping him. When he's done his time there will be big time pressure from Black groups to demand that Vick be allowed to go back to work in his profession.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's such a good role model, can you blame them? And he's been so contrite in his apologies. Oh, wait a minute ...

You have to wonder if the judgment of the head of the Atlanta chapter of the NAACP is any better than that of Vick. There is something to be said for picking your battles--or at least waiting for a scintilla of evidence to support your position.

[/ QUOTE ]

ESPN article on NAACP speaking on behalf of Vick

I also think the NAACP is misguided in this, as this is not a race issue, and I am sure there are many people who are victims of truley discriminitory actions without Vick's means that they could be helping instead of wasting time on this.

For the record, I personally think Vick should not be banned by the league after serving his time (a reasonable suspension would be fine). There have been many players who have been convicted of assault, domestic abuse, weapons charges, etc. that have been allowed to play again once serving their time. Whether he plays again should depend on if any team wants to put up with the PR problems they would have if they sign him.