View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 05:01 PM

Default Re: Exploiting Loose-Tricky Opponents?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've been trying to practice patience with them. Usually they slip and get it in with something stupid.

You really have to focus on pot control to make sure you don't get blown off your mid strength hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If you can remain patient and resist the urge to bluff you are usually in good shape against these type of opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

This does NOT work against good lags. My style is similar to what Collin is describing. Players who are waiting to pick me off are the easiest to exploit since I know it's coming. I pfr, they call. Board is 10 8 3. I cbet, they call. I NEVER bluff the turn because they are just looking to check/call me down on every street with everything from top pair to the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right, it absolutely doesn't work against good lags. I thought we were talking about bad lags, namely ones who are too loose with pushes and big calls.

Against good lags with good metagame, its a different ballgame. That is where the levels of thinking come in and you have to really observe how your opponent is adjusting to you. If you know someone thinks you are going to be trapping them with TP to nuts, you can float the flop and take it down when they check the turn.

I really like playing the occasional good LAG to keep my game sharp, but I'd say the majority of my opponents are loose and bad, sometimes tricky as well.

The last good lag I played was nichomacheo.