View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 02:07 PM

Default Re: the Well: Jstill

[ QUOTE ]
jstill,
Do you think this forum has too many rules?

[/ QUOTE ]

mehhh i dont know if it has too many rules... id say not. Most seem to be in place for a good reason (the racist/ or scammer stuff is the only reason people seem to get banned). I just think the regulars in the forum are maybe not as forgiving at they should be to the newbs who do stupid noob things or who make stupid noob questions or replies. Although you do learn much more quickly when people are harsh for sure.

sometimes I also think newb posters get too offended or bothered by what people say. Esp since its literally impossible to post in BBV OOT or BBV4LIFE and not get one negative or insulting response. Also getting a star or reprimanded, u cant take it personally, its just the internet not serious business. I got a star and it bothered me mostly becuz NT called me out for sucking at posting in multiple forums and at the time ( i only had like 800 posts) I thought he meant strategy as well and I was self conscious about whether my replies were any good or just long winded non-sense (which they mostly are). That wasnt what he was referring to however as hes not a limit player and doesnt read those forums.

Ive also had a few threads locked (one where I tried to get homework answers to my multi-dimensional calc project I waited til the last night to start cuz I didnt know we werent supposed to), I think Gild understood it was an honest mistake ( I wish 2p2 facilitated cheating however [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) as wookie did with me starting a well without permission. Him changing my format to wild which is an atrocious purple and hot pink was actually pretty funny.