View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Who has the highest \"Cuba number?\"

[ QUOTE ]
I think people may have been more affected by the times Freeman's voice was narrating over the video. But really I didn't think there was very much acting involved in that. It was pretty much his regular reading/speaking/narrating voice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, I disagree with that part. I think Freeman's acting brilliance really shone through in those voice-overs.

Red: [narrating] And that's how it came to pass that on the second-to-last day of the job, the convict crew that tarred the plate factory roof in the spring of forty-nine wound up sitting in a row at ten o'clock in the morning drinking icy cold, Bohemia-style beer, courtesy of the hardest screw that ever walked a turn at Shawshank State Prison.
Captain Hadley: Drink up while it's cold, ladies.
Red: [narrating] The colossal prick even managed to sound magnanimous. We sat and drank with the sun on our shoulders and felt like free men. Hell, we could have been tarring the roof of one of our own houses. We were the lords of all creation. As for Andy - he spent that break hunkered in the shade, a strange little smile on his face, watching us drink his beer.

Great words, to be sure, but Freeman really made them come alive with his voice.