View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 12:09 PM

Default Re: the Well: Jstill

ok guys do me a favor...

theres a thread in theory thats basically the most broad question ever even by my standards "when do you raise or call in limit hold em?" lol i know rite

I wrote out two long replies basically going over the concepts of pot odds for calling, implied odds and then pot equity edges for raising but outlined some caveats of the latter. Such as raising for fold equity when u dont have an edge and that concept, not raising when you may have a pot equity edge but not knocking people out or preserving implied odds may be better. And then times when even though you may be ahead of someones range it may not be correct to raise ie vs a blind 3bettor when u flop TP or vs a donker since u ll lose air hands, and spots on the turn/river where you'd be laying odds to better hands so you need to be ahead of his range by atleast 2/3.

I dont recommend taking the time reading mine as you all probably know all that stuff, but will some of you write your own responses, I want to see how you'd say it and then read AB's response. I didnt think his advice was very good for limit (not to call him out at all) and didn't agree with most if not everything he outlined.

I just thought what he said wasn't helpful/ accurate at all and would actually get most newbies in lots of trouble, despite the fact most of the other replies Ive seen him write in other forums seemed solid (unless I'm misremembering?).

what you guys think?