View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 11:25 AM

Default AA against very weak opponent. 50NL.

Ok, so I've been playing on this table for about 1 hour. I bought in with 50BB(yeah, I know) and I'm roughly 31/20/4 in this session(~190 hands).
Villain is unbelieaveably weak, roughly 16/3/1.8 over 170 hands. He never bets without having anything, and if he is unsure if he has the best hand he will check/call. I've seen him go to showdown 6 times, in wich he had KK two times. The other hands were just random crap he got to see a free showdown with from BB and one ATs he limped with, hit the A and c/c. He did not 3-bet with his kings and he check/called one of them down on a board of QD,8S,QC,10C,AC. No c-bet, just a standard PF-raise. He bought in with 100bb and is up 5$ in one hour because of one the KK-hands(before that he was down 50bb or so).

Then, this happens:

PokerRoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0,25-$0,50 (5 handed) internettexasholdem.com

UTG ($49.50)
Hero ($58.55)
Button ($55.25)
SB ($21.45)
BB ($49.75)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, Button calls $1.50, SB calls $1.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($5) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $7</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $3.50.

Turn: ($19) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $7</font>, Hero ?

I know you guys will propably say "bet more PF" but I was mixing it up and trying to be deceptive(fwiw), so I dont really want any comments on my PF-play, I have no problems laying down aces if it comes to that.

Couple of thoughts about the hand; this is the first time in 190 hand i see him raising postflop, as well as firing out on the turn. As stated I know he doesnt bet without having something close to the nuts, but my hand is also underrepped so he propably doesnt realize the strength of my hand(allthough I don't think he even thinks about other peoples hands). Ālso, in my book a min-raise on this level very often is a good hand.
Anyways I guess I propably raise flop ~80-90%, and ~10-20% of the time I just call and raise turn if no scarecards hits. BUT, against this guy?! I think this might be the ~1% I give the hand up. Would this kind of player suddenly play a draw aggro, or is this a way in front/way behind situation?