Thread: Downswings.
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 11:14 AM

Default Re: Downswings.

As a relatively new player the subject of downswing interests me greatly, because it exists I need to understand it to deal with it correctly.

I have read most significant 2plus2 articles on the subject and have concluded that 100k downswings are the result of play issues not luck issues.

Downswings do occur as does good luck and bad luck but in Poker we can measure the level of luck we have by calculating, when we lost a big pot, if we got the money in good or bad.

After each session win or lose record if you put the money in ahead or behind.

I would ask anyone who has had a break even or losing 100k to honestly review the sessions and calculate the % of time the correct decisions was made.

If this practice is maintained after each session the Large pots won or lost can be further categorized to include Tilted hands and Set-ups, to take it to this level we all also have to have an understanding of Tilt and what it is.

I would also be as profound to say that anyone who has experienced the 100k downswing never implemented the above at the time.................honestly.