View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 11:01 AM

Default Re: Got a letter back from my Congressman

Personally, I would concentrate on B and E and tie the two together.

In E - parents have a responsibilty to protect this from happening, why would a parent leave a credit card 'laying around' all day anyway. if parents feel they cannot trust a child on a computer, then THEY have a responsiblity to not allow its use when they are not home, use password protection to actually 'log-in' when the computer is started.

B is the big one. Internet gambling is NOT againt the law in 50 states. 11 perhaps at best. I have had my most success pointing to games available via AOL, MSN and YAHOO! classified as 'skill' games that are wagered on and these include card games. More importantly, if he and congress are so concerned about children, why are these 'skill' wagering games linked from a page intended for children.

It generally comes as a surprise to most to learn you can legally wager on Solitaire, Hearts, Spades, Free Cell, CHILDREN'S games and more.

When providing this, I have included a printed copy of the page that has the link, the page itself and a page example of a few games.

The worst, our opposition will try and introduce legislation to cover this, then a real battle can begin.

obg