View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 06:58 AM

Default Re: Survivor China: Name Jean-Robert\'s toughest Challenge

[ QUOTE ]
You hit the nail right on the head.

I almost signed a decent sponsorship deal with a big on-line group however, congress passed that damn bill just before our John Hancocks hit the paper.

Yesterday, a major player (sponsorship) told me that they would be making a significant offer just before my show airs.

I think, however, I might wait to see what other offers come my way once the show starts airing.

It would be nice to be sponsored by a mainstream group like a Red Bull or a Monster.com as opposed to an on-line poker site. Our industry needs to tap into that mainstream market so that we can start making Golf or X-treme sport sponsorship $. This thing could be great for all poker pros.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats,

Sound's like you did VERY WELL on the show if you are willing to wait for more offers.

I am very excited to watch the show and will be rooting for you as my wife and I are big Survivor fans.

I know you dont remember me, but you were on my direct left for entire day one of the Mirage Poker Showdown in 2005. You ended the day as chip leader I think -and you busted Daniel Negrenau.

Johhny Chan, David Oppenhiem, David Grey, and David Williams were at our table as well-- and I remember you got in 4 river raises in with 10 high on a AA662 board. Williams claimed to have layed down 9 high lol.

Looking forward to the show. GL.