View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 04:52 AM

Default Re: Comm 40: I donk twice and get raised twice

Won't comment on preflop.

Shawn: What did you want to happen on the flop after you donked? I'm confused because if you want a raise from EP so you can 3-bet, you're unlikely to get it on this board by a hand you want to do it(only hands are KQ/QQ/KTs?) and are in a tough spot if he pops the turn instead.

I check raise this flop because there are few draws to push out and both players are forced to call down with a K(only KQ should be in there range, though) or a J who is forced to peel. If I donk, I'm following through and 3 betting regardless even though EP folded and you got a raise from Button instead.

As played, you donked again on a turn that obviously did not help you. I hate it because villain is probably aware of this, your hand really looks like Krag/QJ/AJ right now, and because of these 2 factors villain could be raising light or for a free showdown. I don't know anything about the villain but at this point, I would put her on a range of AK/KQ/KJ/KTs?/JJ?/QQ?. Because of this, I feel like we have to call down here.