View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 03:19 AM

Default Re: $1/$2 - TPTK on river, pretty good board... value C/R??

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but i still maintain that this line is not optimal...

[/ QUOTE ]
If we are talking about preflop through first river action I disagree and like the line, I am finding more and more spots to let draws hang themselves
<font color="blue"> No - PF, flop turn, river check are all good, and i play them the same all the time - i only dont like the river if you were planning to ch/r... which is what i mistakenly thought you "trying out" to see if it ws a good line to use regularly with this type hand </font>

[ QUOTE ]
we cant count on the average villain to do that with any regularity at all,

[/ QUOTE ] to do what, bluff a missed draw on the river? disagree.
<font color="blue"> no, we cant count on him to make that stupid 1/5th pot bet he made and then call with worse Q's.. because thats hardly ever happening.
and if villain (1) does actually take that line and (2)doenst fold to your raise, then he has trips or better more often than a worse Q</font>

The intent of the river check is not to C/R for value but to maximize value versus air, and possibly C/R maybe the 1%-5% of the time it makes sense.
Well this spot fell into that really rare category, so I figured it worthy of a thread, to see if any of my ideas were echoed.

<font color="blue"> this is perfectly fine/good and i understand why you played it this way </font>

[/ QUOTE ]