View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 02:05 AM

Default Re: ***SSNL AUGUST [EMO] THREAD PART 2 ***

[ QUOTE ]
I like to think I am a nice reasonable guy. It's part of my religious and moral beliefs and I find it pretty insulting/misunderstood to construe this is hatred or w/e. I've never bashed Kolo about it (in a serious way) and never brought up my beliefs in a particularly negative or hateful way. I have a couple of gay friends and respect for gay people in general, I just don't condone their actions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looked like you were coming on pretty strong with your comments Jay, whether you meant to or not.

As for the personal beliefs, it's your prerogative to think however you want....but as much as we joke about the whole ghey thing, it's pretty much not a choice.

One of my best friends whom I had known since we were about 9, came out when he was 20. We all pretty well had an idea, but it was still pretty weird to have it out there. Anyways, one our buddies had a problem with it, claimed that it was a choice.

My friend had a pretty simple response, "If this was a choice, why I would I choose to be ridiculed and persecuted?? It is the way that I am and people are going to have to deal."