Thread: Winstar
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 02:04 AM

Default Re: Winstar

[ QUOTE ]
Just want to add my two cents about Winstar;

[censored] Winstar. Their rake is too high, they dont comp drinks, I got stiffed by a waitress and the floor didn't do a damned thing. They have a bad beat jackpot that they rake from the [censored] small blind. When they were running sattelites for their Sunday $300 tourney, they were $50 sats, nine man tables, one seat awarded, no cash for first/second, i.e., charging 30% juice on a sattelite that probably has an hour of play to it.

I dont play there anymore. I can play for the same rake in Dallas and get free food and drink, and not have to drive 150 miles roundtrip to do it.

I wish poker players would boycott rooms that dont give us a fair shake. The problem is that it's hard to notice, but it's egregious. You might not notice $1 per pot, or an extra $10 per sattelite, but they're doing it to hundreds of players every day. [censored] Winstar.

[/ QUOTE ]

No Comped Drinks- BS, sodas, coffee and tea are free. In room grill serves right at the table.

Stiffed by a waitress? What does that mean, she turned you down?

"I can play for the same rake in Dallas"

Where? I've had friends who chopped a pot three ways at a club that sounds a LOT like your name and they got back $33.00 less than they put into the pot. That is one hell of a wack job on the pot. I've heard of double wacking a pot but $33.00?

Someone else has already mentioned the dangers of a underground cardroom. For those not in Dallas, an omaha game was hit bymultiple robbers one might, they came in shooting with AK47's and a shotgun, as reported on local TV.
No one seriously injured but one player was hit by shrapnel.

Yep, that's so much better than a drive up I-35.

On the satellites, before you play one, you know what they are giving away, if you don't like the odds, don't buy in. $50.00 satellites have a $10.00 fee but then nothing else in your post was all that acurate either.

If you prefer to stay in Texas and play in unsavory locations without protection either physical or ethical games, then good for you, you will not be missed.