View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 06:22 PM

Default flop c/r gets called; huge draw on the turn

Villain is 40/25/1.36 but flopAF=5; ASB=54
Villain is 2 to my right, and pissimg me off b/c he is always raising and I am folding b/c I haven't had the hands to 3-bet. I decide if he raises my blind again, I will defend and c/r any pair or 8out+ draw.

I get a good flop for my hand, and I c/r (perhaps a little small), and expect him to fold for sure with his really weak C-bet.

a) His flat call is suspicious. Is he waiting to raise turn? Should I plan to check turn UI and hope he lets me showdown cheap?

b) When I pickup the flush draw/gutshot on turn to go with my pair, now what is my plan?

$0.15/$0.25; I have $24.75 and villain covers me

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $1</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($2.15, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, Button calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($9.15, 2 players)