View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 04:26 PM

Default Re: 88 overpair vs. pfr

With this guy's numbers, I agree that a fold PF is not the worst thing (3 betting is [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]), but def not as profitable as calling.. I doubt I could ever fold here PF w/ only 50 hands on him and your implied odds are good if you hit your set especially since he is so likely to hold a big PP here and with the others in as well.

I'm gonna check the flop and see the action. If UTG bets, and everyone else folds, I'm possibly looking to get to showdown cheaply, but may bet the river since many Aces are calling here to chop.

This is pseudo WA/WB, as if he has 99+ you are crushed, but if he has overs, you are a 3:1 favorite.

If you plan to c/c the river, betting the river is good since he will likely never be raising even if he has AA on a double paired board vs the BB (larger hand range). If he does have the guts to raise, you must fold. If you can not fold and will b/c, then c/c'ing is better.

I'm not sure how good we are here. If he does only raise top 5%, then we are slighter worse than a 3:2 dog on the turn. If he fires the river though, I think that many of his none paired hands go away..