View Single Post
Old 03-09-2006, 03:06 PM

Default On the Bubble against a ghost?

Second time I found myself in this situation this week. Make it down to 4-handed, but one of the players is not at the table. Blinds are pretty high, and my stack is not much bigger than the guy who isn't there. (Weird thing is the software did not say either player was disconnected, so I believe they're on automatic fold)

First time I found myself in this situation, I played like we were 3-handed and eventually went out 4th when my TT lost to JQ. I figured waiting for the ghost to bust out was not a great idea as my stack will be decimated by then, and he might catch some lucky flops in the blinds. I felt pretty foolish losing to someone who wasn't even at the table.

Today, same situation! This time I decide I'm going to fold unless I get a big pocket pair until the guy not at the table busts out. Well, everytime he ended up all-in on the blind he won! 5 times in a row! I had to play a few hands and got lucky myself, but just barely! I just barely made it to 3rd.

Anybody else find themselves in this situation? Do you usually play like you're 3-handed? I'll tell you, for the big stack, this was like Christmas with me and the other guy waiting for shorty to bust out.

Jan